Thanks to the generosity of the Getty Foundation we are able to offer a limited number of grants to enable practicing conservators to attend the IIC 2018 Congress in Turin – Preventive Conservation: The State of the Art – to be held from September 10 – 14, 2018 (see here for more information: http://iicturincongress2018.com).
Application for Getty Foundation grants to the 2018 IIC Congress is open to individuals from any country not part of Western Europe, North America, Australasia or Japan currently in employment in either a public or a private capacity and is subject to the regulations of the Getty Foundation. These grants are not available to students, nor to recipients of other IIC-managed grants related to attendance at this IIC Congress.
How to apply: There is no formal application form for these grants. Instead you will need to send to the IIC office an application made up of three things:
- A brief statement (up to 250 words, in English) describing how attendance at the Congress would be of benefit to you and to conservation in your country
- A copy of your current CV (curriculum vitae) with your full name and contact details / home postal address
- A signed letter of support from one senior professional conservator, who should be named, with their affiliations and full contact details
Applications will be accepted in English only. Applications will be accepted by post, fax or email and should be received by the May 31, 2018 please see the contact details on the IIC web-site: https://www.iiconservation.org/node/2735.
Criteria for selection will include:
- The current involvement of the applicant in conservation
- The relevance of the Congress theme to her/his current work
- The potential benefit to her/his career
- The potential benefit to conservation of cultural heritage in her/his country.
Successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified as soon as a decision has been made. Successful applicants will be informed of the arrangements for payment of the grant.
After the congress: Successful applicants are required to submit a short report of their participation, after their return home, to IIC; this will then be sent on to the Getty Foundation.