Senior Paper Conservator
Graphic Conservation Company in Chicago (www.graphicconservation.com) is experiencing continued growth and seeks to add a new position of Senior Paper Conservator. The ideal candidate will possess the following traits:
- An in-depth appreciation and understanding of AIC ethical guidelines
- A comprehensive knowledge of Conservation Theory and Practice
- Proven knowledge of techniques and materials
- Significant understanding of the attributes of paper and vellum
- Highly-developed hand skills and a significant level of attention to detail
- Demonstrated success in a team-based environment
- Ability to treat varied works on paper whose requirements range from minor repairs to complex restoration
Graduate level degree in art conservation from an accredited institution or, a similar level of expertise developed through career experience.
Proven ability to write detailed condition reports, develop written recommended treatment steps, and identify any potential limitations. As such, strong written communication skills are very important.
An ability to work in a business environment that presents different challenges each day.
Ability to collaborate with all members of our team.
Graphic Conservation Company will consider both private-practice and institutional conservators for this position.
This is a full-time position. Compensation will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Please submit Curriculum Vitae, a cover letter that discusses your potential contribution to our growing company, salary history, and professional references in confidence to:
Graphic Conservation Company
329 West 18th Street
Chicago IL 60616
No phone calls, please