AIC Sustainability Committee Seeks New Professional Member
Term: October 2016 – May 2018
The Sustainability Committee seeks a new professional member to join our dynamic, interdisciplinary team. The position is open to interim year members, Associates, PAs, and Fellows from any conservation specialty.
- Provide resources for AIC members and other caretakers of cultural heritage regarding environmentally sustainable approaches to preventive care and other aspects of conservation practice. Resources may be provided via electronic media, workshops, publications and presentations.
- Define research topics and suggest working groups as needed to explore sustainable conservation practices and new technologies.
- The committee is comprised of 8 voting members.
- Members serve for two years, with an additional two-year term option.
- One member is a conservation graduate student.
- One member serves as chair for two years.
- During the second year of the chair’s term, another member serves as chair designate, assisting with and learning the chair’s responsibilities.
- As needed, corresponding (non-voting) members and non-AIC experts will be invited to guide research on special topics.
- Monthly telephone conference calls with the committee members.
- Research, write and edit the AIC Wiki Sustainability pages.
- Participate in researching and writing group presentations, publications, blog posts, and social media posts.
- Contribute to development and planning for the Sustainability Session at the AIC Annual Meeting.
- Initiate and support committee projects to increase awareness of sustainable practices in the conservation community.
- Collaborate with related committees, networks, and working groups.
Please submit a statement of purpose (1 page maximum length) and resume by September 21, 2016 to Melissa Tedone, Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.