AIC Sustainability Committee Seeks New Professional Member
Term: June 2018 – May 2020
The Sustainability Committee seeks a new professional member to join our dynamic, interdisciplinary team. The position is open to anyone in the profession including interim year members, Associates, PAs, and Fellows from any conservation specialty.
- Provide resources for AIC members and other caretakers of cultural heritage regarding sustainable approaches to all aspects of the conservation practice. Resources may be provided via electronic media, workshops, publications and presentations.
- Define research topics and suggest working groups as needed to explore sustainable conservation practices and new technologies.
Note: The SC is working to expand our focus to include economic and social sustainability, whereas in the past we have focused on environmental sustainability.
- The committee is comprised of 8 voting members.
- Members serve for two years, with an additional two-year term option.
- One member is a conservation graduate student.
- One member serves as chair for two years.
- During the second year of the chair’s term, another member serves as chair designate, assisting with and learning the chair’s responsibilities.
- As needed, corresponding (non-voting) members and non-AIC experts will be invited to guide research on special topics.
- Monthly telephone conference calls with the committee members.
- Participate in researching and writing group presentations, publications, blog posts, and social media posts.
- Research, write and edit the AIC Wiki Sustainability pages.
- Contribute to development and planning for the Sustainability Session at the AIC Annual Meeting.
- Initiate and support committee projects to increase awareness of sustainable practices in the conservation community.
- Collaborate with related committees, networks, and working groups.
Please submit a statement of purpose (1 page maximum length) and resume by March 1, 2018 to Geneva Griswold, Committee Chair, at sustainability(at)conservation-us.org with “Call For Members Application” in the subject line.