Centre for Research Collections Internship at the University of Edinburgh
The Centre for Research Collections (CRC) has developed a program of internships to teach and extend core skills in the archive, conservation and research disciplines.
A 6-week conservation internship is available with a stipend of GBP2,000 attached. This internship is designed for those who have recently completed (or are close to the completion of) a relevant professional qualification but are yet to gain paid or permanent employment in the sector. The internship will offer the successful candidate valuable work experience in their chosen career to enhance future employability. The intern will be well supported by CRC staff and offered extensive opportunities to develop their skills.
The intern will be based within the Centre of Research Collections, working on a collection of Session Papers from 1710-1850. These papers cover an extraordinary period in the nation’s history from the immediate aftermath of the Union of 1707 through the Jacobite wars, the Enlightenment, the agricultural and industrial revolutions and the building of Walter Scott’s Edinburgh.
Wider experience of working in the special collections and higher education sectors will also be offered.
To apply, provide the following:
- your CV of no more than 2 sides of A4 (to include contact details, information on your qualifications and any previous voluntary or work experience, and contact details for two referees)
- a supporting statement of 500 words detailing why you are interested in the internship and describing how participation in the program would benefit your future career
- confirmation that you are eligible to work in the UK (a statement in either your CV, covering e-mail, or supporting statement will suffice at application stage)
Please note that applications without 1 – 3 above will not be considered.
Applications may be sent via email or post to Nicole Devereux (firstname.lastname@example.org); Centre for Research Collections, Edinburgh University Library, 30 George Square, Edinburgh, EH8 9LJ).
Applicants will be shortlisted and selection will be based on a subsequent, informal, interview at the CRC. Please note that expenses to attend the informal interview will not be paid.
- Closing date for applications: April 13, 2018
- Informal interview date: April 27, 2018
- Proposed start date: May 14, 2018
For further information, please contact Nicole on email@example.com, or visit: https://www.ed.ac.uk/information-services/library-museum-gallery/crc/volunteers-interns.
Volunteers and Interns are an important part of the CRC and contribute a great deal towards our overall success.