The National Museum in Krakow is currently seeking applicants for the position: Conservation imaging specialist.
- conducts work in the field of technical photography and analysis of cultural heritage objects using the following techniques:
– advanced analytical imaging using visible light: reflected, transmitted, raking, and macro,
– infrared (IR) reflectography
– UV-induced visible fluorescence
– digital radiography
– computer graphics and image processing
- analyzes and interprets images to document and better understand the materials and techniques found in cultural heritage objects
- organizes and continues to develop our image and analysis archive
- presents the data in the form of reports, scientific articles, and conference papers
- collaborates with a multidisciplinary team in the area of art technological research
- master’s degree in conservation, chemistry, physics, or a related area (PhD will be an advantage),
- knowledge of imaging and photographic techniques as well as the characteristics and construction of cultural heritage objects,
- minimum 3 years of working in a similar position (or equivalent documented experience in the field of scientific imaging in conservation),
- very good knowledge of English (knowledge of another European language will be an advantage),
- experience with imaging software as well as with the MS Office package,
- independent and organized.
- analytical thinking skills,
- consistency in achieving goals and effect oriented,
- communication skills,
- willingness to develop skills and competences.
- a contract of employment,
- the opportunity to develop your own qualifications through participation in training,
- interesting work in a prestigious institution,
- private medical care.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org until May 15, 2018 with a note indicating the position “Conservation Imaging Specialist.”
Please be advised that we will only respond to selected offers and we reserve the right to terminate recruitment before the date specified above.
Please include in your CV the following clause: “I agree to the processing of personal data contained in my job offer for the needs necessary to carry out the recruitment process in accordance with the Act of 29 August 1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws of 2014 item 1182, 1662)”.
This data is collected for recruitment purposes. You have the right to access your data and correct it. Providing data remains within the scope specified by the provisions of the Act of June 26, 1974. The Labor Code and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary.
For more details, visit: http://mnk.pl/article/conservation-imaging-specialist.