Christine Del Re and David Mueller
The following points will be covered in the short presentation:
- A brief history of moth activity and problems in the Field Museum of Natural History (FMNH)
- A quick discussion of the development of the webbing clothes pheromone trap
- The rationale and procedures for field testing the pheromone traps at FMNH
- The trapping program itself – design, location and spacing of traps, expected results
- Preliminary results
- Follow-up – steps taken to reduce moth problems, and how the use of the traps helped further define the problem.